Thursday, December 23, 2010

Jannick Schou - Against A Backdrop Of Blue Hills, They Were As Beautiful As A Lullaby


Text taken from jannickschou

Another release?! Yes, my archive is filled to the brim with finished songs and projects: I might as well release some of them.

I've always had a thing for tapes, and during the last couple of years I've frequently recorded small ambient/drone pieces using tapes as the main recording media. By now I've gathered a pretty substantial amount of "tape-drone-tracks", so I thought I'd release some of them (for your possible pleasure). Eerie, noisey, melancholic and uplifting! Everything and nothing at the same time.

This "album" was not in any way meant to be a fully fleshed out project, but it turned out remarkably coherent. Initially, it lasted around 4 hours, so i've had to cut out some tracks. These 11 pieces are the ones I felt fitted well together. Take a listen. You might like it - in that case, great! If not, well, be glad you didn't waste any money on it. Should you like it, please spread the word.

Thanks!
credits
released 10 March 2010
Recorded, mixed and mastered by Jannick Schou 2008-2010. Title is a quote from the book "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" by Milan Kundera. Cover by Jannick Schou, 2010.






No comments:

Post a Comment