Saturday, October 9, 2010

John Praw + I Am The Architect - Gate


Text taken from mamrecords

mam!records founder John Praw and Münster, Germany natives I Am The Architect have teamed up to bring you “Gate,” a post-rock/ambient split.  I Am The Architect bring their epic post-rock track “Walk in Regret” with its soaring melody and whirling sounds.  Unlike some post-rock outfits, I Am The Architect take care not to present overly-long climaxes or stereotypical post-rock facets.  The result is a distinct take on the post-rock genre – something that sounds specifically “I Am The Architect.”  The compliment to “Walk in Regret” is John Praw’s ambient/minimalist track, “Sin Egen Veg.”  John Praw’s addition incorporates laptop-folk elements, evoking feelings of bitter “Goodbye”s.  The final track is John Praw’s remix of the I Am The Architect track, which will certainly be surprising for those who know John Praw only for his ambient work.

Editor’s Note:
Make sure to keep an eye on I Am The Architect, who are currently working on their upcoming album.  This is their first release on mam!records, and the second release in a series of John Praw splits.


<a href="http://mineallminerecords.bandcamp.com/album/gate">Gate by mine, all mine! records</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment